Instructions for PART 1:
- Working with a partner with the same photo (student As with As, Bs with Bs), students attempt to identify the vocabulary in their photo. (alternatively, for low-level students, the teacher can provide students with a vocabulary list and the students label the photo).
- Change pairs to AB.
- Student A describes photo while student B listens attentively.
- Student B describes photo while student A listens attentively.
- Still without looking at each other’s photos, students attempt to identify 3 differences between their photos.
- Students may now look at each other’s photos and describe 2-3 differences each.
Encourage use of CONNECTORS:
- Firstly, Secondly, Finally
- However, On the other hand , Whereas
- Furthermore, In addition, Moreover
Instructions for PART 2
1. Students ask each other the discussion questions. Encourage students to:
- Extend their answers
- Elicit more information
- Agree / disagree with their partners
- Justify their arguments
2. Students try and report to their new partner everything they can remember which their old partner has just told them.
Encourage students to use the questions to guide their memory.
GAMIFICATION ALTERNATIVES PROVIDED WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS