- Student A takes the first card and describes the word to Student B.
- Student B tries to guess the word on the card.
- If Student B is correct, the card is placed on the right. If Student B does not know the word, or only knows the word in their native language, the card is placed on the left. (This way, a pile of unknown vocabulary will build up on the left for students to record after the activity)
- Now it is Student Bs turn to describe a card.
- Students alternate until all the words have been described.